The Prince William – Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center conducts tours of the Adult Detention Center for adult students law enforcement candidates and similar organizations. Facility tours may be a valuable learning experience and can assist in orienting members of the community to the Adult Detention Center.
Procedures and policies for jail tours:
- To schedule a tour contact the Director of Security at 703-792-6494 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- An orientation will be given prior to the tour.
- Handbags cameras weapons of any kind tobacco products, lighters, matches, and keys will not be permitted into the secure areas of the facility.
- All tour participants are subject to search.
- All tour participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Any visitor under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied access.
- Visitors must wear appropriate attire while on tour.
- Tours for the media are to be approved by the Superintendent.
- In the event of a disruption of normal activities within the facility, the tour may be suspended.
- The tour may consist of the following: an example of inmate living areas the kitchen, laundry, and Control Center.
- Also, an inmate may share life experiences with tour participants.
- Visitors will not communicate with inmates unless permitted by jail staff. No items are to be passed to the inmates.
- Visitors are to remain in a group during the tour.