go backBack

Circuit Court Clerk's Office

Criminal Case Continuance Policy

It is the policy of the Court to grant continuances only in cases where good cause is shown. Counsel may file a motion to request a continuance or if there is insufficient time for filing a motion, counsel may visit or call Chambers 703-792-6171 with the Commonwealth Attorney to request a continuance.

If a continuance is granted through the latter method, the case can be continued on the record in Court with all parties present.