Pursuant to Section 32-250.53 of the Zoning Ordinance, the owner of the property, the owner of the timber rights, or the operator of the timbering activity shall secure a Timbering Permit.  This permit will be issued at the zoning counter. Timbering, harvesting, or clearing of wooded areas shall not occur within 50 feet of any property lines adjoining areas or other properties which are zoned to a different classification than A-1 or the primary use is residential.

To apply for zoning approval for timbering in the A-1, Agricultural district, please submit and provide the following to the zoning counter:

  • Application for Zoning Approval for timbering.

  • Processing fee in accordance with the current Zoning Fee Schedule.

  • Two (2) copies of the survey plat of the property prepared by a licensed surveyor that graphically portrays the following:

    1. The boundaries of the property to be timbered.

    2. Adjoining properties identified by GPIN, zoning, and land use.

    3. Location of the fifty foot (50') wide undisturbed area based on the location of the boundaries. If a fence line around the subject property exists, a survey from a licensed surveyor is not necessary. The applicant shall mark the boundary of the timbering area to scale on the plat.  

For more information on Timbering or other zoning approval requirements please send an email to [email protected] or call (703) 792-6830 (TTY: 711)