Civil Process

The Prince William County Sheriff's Office Civil Division carries out the sheriff's statutory responsibility for the service of process and execution of writs. These judicial process documents originate from the courts, government agencies and private attorneys in Virginia and throughout the United States. They include:

  • Summonses, complaints and subpoenas
  • Writs of possession for real estate
  • Writs of garnishment

The Civil Division also enforces levies and writs of attachment and conducts Sheriff's sales to aid in the collection of money judgments.

Civil Process Fees

In-State:  $12 per person

Out-of-State:  $80 per person

Payable to:  "Prince William County Sheriff's Office"

Eviction Procedures

Contact the Civil Process Division: 703-792-6070