REPORT PROBLEMS WITH A VACANT HOME HERE
Vacant Homes Facts at a Glance
- Vacant homes can deteriorate quickly and become magnets for crime
- The deteriorating property in a neighborhood lowers the value of homes within that community
- Vacant homes can draw unwanted activity to a neighborhood, including:
- Windows or doors become broken inviting vandals to loot and further destroy the home
- The grass grows tall and litter accumulates
- Pose a health and safety concern for the entire neighborhood
- A vacant and unsecure structure is unsafe!
Protecting Vacant Homes in Your Neighborhood and How You Can Help
If you notice a home that seems unoccupied for an extended period of time or in disrepair, please contact the County at 703-792-7018 (or use the reporting form).
Please call the Police Non-Emergency number 703-792-6500 if you see suspicious behavior at the site of a vacant home or 911 if you see a crime in progress.