LATEST UPDATE: May 3, 2021
The Development Services Building Public Drop-Off Program is a service that provides customers 24/7 access to a single outdoor, weather-proof container to deliver *eligible project submissions and permit applications, as listed below, for processing by the County by a respective Department/Agency.
WE OFFER DROP-OFF SERVICES FOR:
- *Eligible applications and plan submissions only. (Please review the list carefully).
- Customers who want to submit hardcopy applications after-hours and on weekends.
- Customers who do not want to wait in the building.
- Customers who use permit-runners.
WHAT ARE ELIGIBLE DROP-OFF SUBMISSIONS?
*ELIGIBLE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED IN THE DROP-OFF PROGRAM
Please do NOT drop-off any Building Development Division (BDD) submissions.
ALL BDD submissions are ONLY accepted via ePortal.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH – PRINCE WILLIAM HEALTH DISTRICT
- Construction of Sewage Disposal System Permits
- Septic System Repair Permits
- Lot Certification
- Safe Adequate and Proper (SAP) submissions
- Massage Establishment Applications
- PWC Septic Tank Contractors License Applications
- PWC Hauler License Applications
- Septic Tank Pump Out Manifest Forms
- Lot Grading Plans/Individual Geotech Reports (w/required fees and Lot Grading Transmittal)
- As Built Submissions (with inspector signed transmittal and required fees)
- Informal Plan Submissions (with comment response letter)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Variances (with inspector signed transmittal and required fees)
- CCTV stormwater inspection requests (with plans, filled out form and required fees)
- Occupancy inspection and phasing request
FIRE MARSHAL'S OFFICE
- Emergency Evacuation Plans
- Fire Lane Permit
- Fire Operational Permit
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)
GIS Address Validation Process for Commercial Projects ONLY
LAND DEVELOPMENT - ZONING BRANCH
All Zoning applications
LAND DEVELOPMENT - LAND COUNTER
All Land Development applications and plan submissions
- Nonconforming Lot/Structure/Use
- Re-certification of Nonconforming Use, Sign, or Mobile Home Park
- Zoning Verification
- Zoning/Proffer/Special Use Permit Determination
- HOC-2 Family Day Home (Childcare)
- Zoning Appeals
- Zoning Variances
CURRENT PLANNING & LONG-RANGE PLANNING
- Special Use Permit
- Proffer Amendment
- Public Facility Review
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment
WHAT IS A PUBLIC DROP-OFF PROGRAM?
A public drop-off program provides customers and the business community with a centralized, publicly accessible location to drop off *eligible project submissions and permit applications for County review and process.
A drop-off container is typically managed by a small group of staff, administrators. The administrator(s) oversee managing the drop-off location and distribution.
WHERE IS THE DROP-OFF PROGRAM LOCATED?
The drop-off container is a large, blue, metal weather-resistant mailbox located at the front door of the Plaza entrance of the Development Services Building.
Development Services Building
5 County Complex Court
Prince William, VA 22192
WHAT IS THE DROP-OFF PROCESS?
- This is not a trash receptable.
- Please observe the posted sign on the drop-off container and scan the QR code for the latest information.
- Only *eligible applications can be dropped-off at any time.
- Customers must label all packages clearly for the relevant Department. Please label package(s), exactly as the name of the Department, Agency, or Branch.
- Customers must include a name and working phone number on the front of the package(s).
- The drop-off container is a large, blue metal, weather-resistant mailbox located outdoors, next to the entrance doors of the Plaza entrance of the Development Services Building.
- Retrieval times are 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on Holidays).
- For safety reasons, this equipment is cleaned frequently.
WHAT IS THE REVIEW PROCESS?
- Project submissions and permit applications are collected at 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on Holidays).
- All items are then placed on mail racks for each Department, Agency, or Branch to collect and process.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT HEAR FROM THE COUNTY?
Generally, customers will be contacted within three to four days. Please contact the Department directly for any follow-up regarding a drop-off package.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY DOCUMENTS ARE NOT LOST?
- Each time documents are retrieved the Department of Development Services Early Assistant Desk (EAD) staff maintains a record log for internal control purposes notating the intended department, time/date of package receipt, number of packages, whether payment is included, etc. and submits it to the respective agency for processing.
- Please contact 703-792-3091 if you have not been contacted within ten (10) business days.
General Inquiries Email: [email protected] Tel: 703-792-3091