How To Place A Hold Request On A Title:
- Search for the title you wish to request.
- Select the title in the search results and click Place Request. The log in form appears.
- Enter your 14-digit library barcode number and your password in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Log In. The request form appears.
- Select the name of the library where you want to pick up the item from the drop down list in the Pickup Library box.
- If you want to place a request but would like to wait for a future date to activate it type the date in the Activation Date box. If you do not change the date in this box your request will be activated immediately.
- Click Submit Request.
- Click Return to Search Results. Be sure to Log Out when you have finished placing holds and accessing your patron record.
Note: As of April 2, 2018, the maximum number of holds is 20 per cardholder.
Effective Monday, April 5.
Contact-Free Curbside Pickup Hours:
Bull Run, Chinn Park, Haymarket Gainesville, Montclair, and Potomac Libraries:
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Central and Manassas City Libraries
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Reserve your pickup time online. To pick up your hold at a library, please park in the parking lot, stay in your vehicle, and call when you arrive at your reserved time. Have your library card number ready so we can finish processing your hold before bringing it to your vehicle.
Click here to reserve a time to pickup a hold